A question was asked on how can you tell the difference between an obsession and a soul mate? Too many times people blur the lines.
Excellent question. Here’s my response:
Signs of an obsession:
-Cannot think of anything but that person. Other things in their life suffer because of the lack of attention.
-The object of the obsession does not return the feelings in the same manner to which they are given out.
-A person who is obsessed cannot take no for an answer
-A person who is obsessed cannot breathe without the other person
-Feels that the object of the obsession completes them (and visa verse).
Signs of a soul mate:
-Has a full life. Other activities are enriched by the connection.
-Feelings are returned – almost immediate after physical contact. The soul knows what the human brain does not.
-Soul mates can hear no and they are okay by it.
-Soul mates can function without the other person being attached at the hip (as soul mates are also energetically connected)
-Soul mates are a complete person in themselves. They know that the other half compliments them not completes them.
An obsession and a soul mate cannot be one. It’s soulfully impossible.
Obsession is bad no matter if it is a person, place, object, TV show – etc… When you’re obsessed – it removes you completely from the present, disconnects your energy from the Divine and isolates you. Being obsessed also makes you an easy prey for scams that are out there. I know of a person once who spent over $20,000 on spells, charms – etc…to win a person over. $20,000! A $2.00 card would have worked for a soul mate.
One last thing – about creating meaning in your life.
(this is important no matter if a soul mate is in your life or not)
Adapted from The Book of Secrets by Deepak Chopra (Three Rivers Press, 2004).
The universe runs on a switch with only two positions, on and off. “On” is the material world. “Off” is pure possibility, your source.
SIMPLE SOLUTION: Exploring the following 10 conditions is the way you create the meaning of your own life.
1. The deeper you go, the more power is available to change things.
2. Reality flows from more subtle regions to more gross ones.
3. The easiest way to change anything is to first go to the subtlest level of it, which is awareness.
4. Still silence is the beginning of creativity. Once an event starts to vibrate, it has already begun to enter the visible world.
5. Creation proceeds by quantum leaps.
6. The beginning of an event is simultaneously its ending. The two co-arise in the domain of silent awareness.
7. Events unfold in time but are born outside of time.
8. The easiest way to create is in the evolutionary direction.
9. Since possibilities are infinite, evolution never ends.
10. The universe corresponds to the nervous system that is looking at it.